Through Monday, July 30: “2018 Summer Reading Program: Libraries ROCK!” Throughout the summer, in addition to reading, there will be weekly events and activities for all ages, emphasizing the theme. Registration begins May 25 for children and teens and adults begin June 1. Dates for the three age groups are
- Children: Friday, May 25 through Saturday, July 30
- Teens: Friday, May 25 through Saturday, July 30
- Adult: Friday, June 1 through Monday, July 30
The 2018 Summer Reading Program is open to all ages, preschool through adult, with programs, prize drawings, story times, a music club and more. All programs are free of charge. Look for the brochure at the library with more publicity describing events and activities.
- Friday, May 25, through Monday, July 30: Summer Reading Challenge! This summer’s theme is “Libraries ROCK!” Youth (ages 12-18) can pick up their Summer Reading Challenge Journals in Information Services (near Teen Central), or click here to print. Mark points for reading and other activities, and bring in your completed Journals for a chance at our Grand Prize. Get a new Journal and keep going, for more chances to win, all summer long, until July 30.
- Friday, May 25 through Monday, July 30 “Summer Reading Challenge!” This summer’s theme is “Libraries ROCK!” Preschool and elementary-age children can pick up their Challenge Journals in the Children’s Library (or click here to print. Keep track of reading and other activities tally points, and bring the Journals to the Children’s Library to win a prize! Then you can start all over again, and keep winning all summer long, until July 30.
- Friday, June 1 through Monday, July 30, Tic-Tac-Toe returns with an all new set of goals for this year’s summer reading. 1) Pick up Tic-Tac-Toe card at the Patron Services Desk or Information Services Desk. You may enter multiple times. 2) Read, listen or watch three items per Tic-Tac-Toe card and fill in the card. 3) Validate the card at the Information Services Desk to enter weekly and Grand Prize drawings. 4) Weekly prizes will be awarded on Friday afternoons. The Grand Prize will be awarded before the Shakespeare play on Monday, July 30, at 6:15 p.m SRP 2018.3_201805311459004114