Maryville is home to many beautiful outdoor places. We are celebrating our local beauty and activities offered in our area. Come out to Friday Night Lights to learn about biking, hiking and all of the wonderful things we have available in Maryville and the surrounding areas.
Visit the downtown businesses to see what new summer items they have available. You may be surprised and stumble upon snacks and refreshments as well.
Activities & Participants:
- Boyd Thomas 227 W Broadway Ave: Refreshments available and Local artist Kay Overbey, acrylic paintings
- The Roost 109 E. Broadway Ave: The Roost will be hosting the Metropolitan Planning Commission, Transportation Planning Commission, and Legacy Parks. They will have maps and information regarding the Greenway plans in order to connect Knoxville to Townsend. Stop by to learn about this wonderful project and how it will promote tourism in Knox and Blount County.
- Clear Martial Arts 113 E. Broadway Ave: Students will be demonstrating Tai Chi and Chi Kung, and experts will be available to answer questions.
- Grace Community Church, Grassy Knoll across from Broadway Towers: They will be hosting the kids area this month with FREE snow cones, popcorn, face painting and a bracelet craft.
- Vienna Coffee House 212 College St: Vienna Coffee House presents Animal House, a charming art exhibit all about the animals we love. This exhibit will display through July 1. Incredible Kids Korner – 5:30-7:30. Homemade popsicles so you can add “free kids popsicles with purchase”. Entertainment will be the Classic Q Band, a local favorite. 6-7:30
- Dandy Lions 300 E Church Ave: Join us for sips and dips.
- Scavenger Hunt: NEW!!! Join us to welcome “Black Bears on Broadway” as part of this month’s Friday Night Lights. As the story goes, a family of black bears, living in the Great Smoky Mountains, decided to put on a circus. They left the mountains and started searching for a place to perform. When they came to Maryville, their paws were too weary to go anywhere else, but they didn’t have to. Everything they needed was right here on Broadway Street. Maryville was perfect. During the Friday Night Lights event, eight of these circus bears will be hidden at various businesses on Broadway. Can you find them all? Stop by our table for clues, balloon animals, and information about real black bears. We will be located in the plaza across from Sullivan’s Restaurant on Broadway.
- Founder’s Square, across from Broadway United Methodist Church: Join us to learn about biking in Blount County and surrounding areas. Information and activities provided by Cycology, The Bike Elf, Jeff Roth Foundation, Bike & Tri Maryville, the Coulter Grove UniCycle Club and the Little River Trading Company.
- Broadway United Methodist Church 309 E Broadway Ave: Hosting The Home Depot building wooden sailboats. Restrooms and free water available.
- Brackins 112 E. Broadway Ave: Patio Jam with Chris Lovoy
- Shriver’s 106 E. Broadway Ave: Visit us for our summer collection launch party! Lots of cute new styles, our first shoe collection, and drinks & nibbles.
- Hook & Needle 113 W. Harper Ave: Serving wine and refreshments.
- Blount County Parks and Rec: Providing a game area in the Grassy Knoll across from Broadway Towers.
- U-Man Power 117 East Broadway: Stop by for a demonstration. They are only two blocks from the Maryville greenway and are now seeing customers for their recumbent trike and bike needs. They also sell e-bikes and retrofitting electric drives on bikes and trikes. They are your e-bike and e-assist enhanced bike and trike specialists
- The Clayton Center for the Arts, 502 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy: “Stone, Mesh and Metal” features prints by faculty from the UT Knoxville School of Art in their nationally ranked printmaking program located in the Blackberry Farm Gallery
- The Capitol Coffee & Ice Cream Parlor 127 W. Broadway Ave.: They specialize in gourmet, coffee and espresso drinks. They also serve delicious ice cream desserts, floats, shakes candy and smoothies. Stop in for a sweet treat.
- MUSIC: Smith and Cole Located in the plaza across from Sullivan’s Restaurant on Broadway – Americana, acoustic covers from the 60s to present and throwing in a good measure of Bluegrass, Country, and Gospel.
- Mane Support will be located in the Boyd Thomas parking lot, 227 W Broadway Ave. Mane Support provides a ministry through equine assisted grief counseling services to reach children, youth, teens, adults, and families who have experienced a death, anticipating the death of someone they know, or who have experienced other types of trauma. They will possibly have a horse on site!
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park will be located at 110 W. Broadway Ave. sharing information on what the park has to offer local residents.
- Crossfit Pistol Creek located at the plaza across from Sullivan’s Restaurant on Broadway. They will be showcasing workout bikes, mats and more. Adult and kid friendly activities.
- RT Lodge 1406 Wilkinson Pike: RT Lodge recently opened our restaurant and hotel to the public, and we are excited to open our doors to our neighbors here in Maryville! Friday, June 30th we will have live music and the patio open for cocktails and snacks. Guests are invited to make dinner reservations in our restaurant upstairs by calling 865-981-9800 or on our website rtlodge.com. We are excited to roll out our new summer menu from Chef Trevor Stockton! We would love to have the community stop in and check out the best-kept secret in Maryville! This location is a short drive from downtown located on the Maryville College campus.
- Sullivan’s Fine Food 121 W. Broadway Ave: Locally owned and operated, Sullivan’s Fine Food offers a variety of fresh homemade food, using “made from scratch” recipes. Visit us during Friday Night Lights, spend $50 or more and mention the event to your server and receive a coupon for a free dessert or appetizer to use on your next visit.
- Fossil Phil and StemQuest will be located at 101 W. Broadway Ave: StemQuest brings science to life through hands on experiments, group exploration, local school events and enrichment classes. Visit them at Friday Night Lights with special guest Fossil Phil and learn about rocks, fossils and more! http://www.stemquest.net/