There is lots happening this weekend. This week continues the Movies in the Park series hosted by Maryville City.
- Movies in the Park – Back to the Future I
- 2014 Big BBQ Bash– at Founder’s Square in historic downtown Maryville, TN, located at the scenic foothills of the Smoky Mountains. The event is a barbecue cook-off and fundraiser for the Helen Ross McNabb Center. Click here for the full schedule.
- Art Walk– Studio 212 is hosting an Art Market with collection of featured artists for this special art walk. The studio will also be open for visitors to check out the works of resident artists. Click here for more info.
- Family Fun: Magician Scott Humston will present his world of magic as part of the Summer Reading Program at 11am in the Sharon Lawson Room in Blount County Library.
- Family Fun: Make a robot with Knox Makers at the Blount County Library!
- Maryville Farmers’ Market
Concerts in and around Maryville
Be sure to check out up and coming bands in local concerts this weekend!
- GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN HERITAGE CENTER, 123 Cromwell Drive, Townsend: Tennessee R.B. Morris Trio at 7:00 p.m.; free.
- VIENNA COFFEE HOUSE, 321 High St., Maryville: Brandon Reeves at 7:00 p.m.; free.
- FLAHERTY’S IRISH PUB, 1720 W. Broadway Ave., Maryville: Kudzu at 8:00 p.m.; free.
- BRACKINS BLUES BAR, 112 E. Broadway Ave., downtown Maryville: Juke Joint Drifters at 9:00 p.m.; free.
- BRACKINS BLUES BAR, 112 E. Broadway Ave., downtown Maryville: Kudzu at 9:00 p.m.; free.
- DOCKSIDE GRILL at Louisville Landing Marina 2932 Boatdock Rd., Louisville: Steve Rutledge & Groove Evolution at 7:00 p.m.; free.
- THE PICKIN’ PORCH at Wood-n-Strings Dulcimer Shop 7645 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville: Erin and Amber Rogers at 7:00 p.m.; free.
- THE SHED at Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson 1820 W. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville: Billy Joe Shaver, Otis Gibbs at 8:00 p.m.; $15.