The Promotion Committee of the Maryville Downtown Association works to promote downtown as the center of commerce, culture, and community life for residents and visitors alike.
The committee strives to create a positive image to rekindle community pride and improve consumer and investor confidence in our downtown Maryville district.
To achieve these goals, the committee utilizes an array of marketing and advertising strategies, which include:
- Creating new image campaigns, retail promotions, and special events to bring people downtown
- Communicating to the public our downtown offerings of retail, restaurants, recreation, and other businesses/organizations
- Visiting with merchants to get their ideas, solicit participation in events, and keep them informed of downtown plans
- Developing marketing materials to inform the public of downtown special events and downtown business promotions
- Talking with local media outlets to answers questions, give them fresh news, and provide them with marketing materials to help spread the word
The Promotion Committee strategizes communication with the public on behalf of the association. This committee crafts marketing pieces to promote and advertise our downtown Maryville more effectively to all members of the community.
Some of the elements of promotion that the Promotion Committee has utilized over the years include:
- Advertising – promotes the association and its events through newspaper, radio, TV, and digital ads
- Collateral materials – develops and designs print materials, posters, and more for the association
- Media relations – generates publicity through detailed press releases and shares with media contacts
- Image-building events – develop community events to promote downtown Maryville
If you have a background in marketing or promotions and would like to get serve on this important committee, please click here to contact us.